Positions/Locations: Floating Community Watchers for Bowen High School, 2710 E. 89th Street & Corliss High School, 821 E. 103rd Street and Burnham Elementary 9925 S. Crandon.
Hours: Watchers work 25 hours & Floaters work shifts of 2 to 3 hours as needed
Hourly wage: $10.00 per hour
Closing Date: Monday, July 27, 2015
Community Watchers provide student supervision along safety routes during school arrival and dismissal times. Community Watchers observe and report unusual or uncharacteristic behavior on school routes and report to the Safety Manager. The Community Watchers work approximately five hours per day, Monday through Friday, during the public school year (180 days). Specific hours and locations to be worked will be set by supervisor. Floating community watchers work as needed, and can be promoted to a regular status community watcher working 25 hours per week as mentioned above when the opportunities are available.
- Must have a great personality to interact with the students, the parents, the school administration, the residents in the community, the Safe Passage team and the organization.
- Must be accustom to standing for long periods of time in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Must be proactive in promoting safety in the community.
- Must have positive behavior and good attendance in the work place and encourage the students as well.
- Must have the ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must have the ability to write clearly for writing out reports as needed.
- Must be in physical condition that permits adequate job performance.
- Must successfully complete a structured training program.
- Must update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities (workshops & meetings).
- Must have a valid picture ID.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Must pass a criminal background check and drug screening test.
- Veterans and bilingual (Spanish/English) individuals are encouraged to apply.
About Claretian Associates
Claretian Associates is a non-profit community development corporation that serves more than 3,000 South Chicago families each year. Claretian Associates supports community leadership, provides a range of resources from utility assistance to affordable apartments, and connects residents to jobs, schools, arts programs and more.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Make a donation
Since 1991, Claretian Associates has developed over 130 affordable houses and apartments in South Chicago, a community with a rich history and a strong future. Claretian Associates builds community within the culturally diverse neighborhood of South Chicago by working with community leaders, residents and organizations to provide affordable housing and related services for low-and-moderate income people, build resident-based leadership, and serve as a catalyst in creating innovative solutions to improve the quality of life.