Since 1991, we have built a network of relationships and activities that have affirmed our faith in the future of South Chicago. Continuing our housing programs and wrap around services in a targeted 12-block area where we have created a total of 137 affordable homes and apartments, Claretian Associates works with other neighborhood stakeholders to undertake community development projects and services that continue to enrich the lives of the Southeast Chicago area.
This Accounting Manager manages the finances for Claretian Associates and its 100 rental properties. The Accounting Manager handles the day-to-day accounting as well as long-range financial plans. The Accounting Manager is part of the organization’s senior staff and reports to the Executive Director.
Accounts Payable Clerk and Accounts Receivable Clerk
For Claretian Associates, Villa Guadalupe Senior Services, Casa Kirk Apartments & other rental properties:
· Manage month-end close process to deliver timely and accurate GAAP financial statements and related analysis.
· Lead, manage, and mentor accounts payable and accounts receivable clerks.
· Establish, maintain, and enforce appropriate internal controls and financial processes and procedures.
· Supervise all bank and general ledger account reconciliations.
· Serve as main fiscal contact for all government funded agreements, submitting timely cash reimbursement vouchers and required financial reports.
· Assist Associate Director in preparing program budgets for specific funding proposals and in monitoring financial compliance for all grants received.
· Oversee payroll processing for grant funded employees.
· Monitor cash flow to ensure availability of funds.
· Serve as liaison to Finance Committee; develops agendas, prepares minutes, and advises management and Board of Directors regarding financial matters.
· Assist Executive Director with development and monitoring of annual budget.
· Monitor financial performance against budget, communicating significant variances to management and facilitating steps to address these variances.
· Lead annual audit process and liaison with contracted audit firm.
· Serve as a liaison with banks and lenders to ensure that financial activities and reports are in compliance with applicable terms and conditions.
· Monitor property insurance and assure that insurance claims are filed. Address agency insurance needs; ensure proper and adequate coverage.
· Maintain required professional knowledge and job skills.
· Perform other duties as required.
· Maintenance of positive cash flow and cash position.
· Accurate and timely bill payments, collection of AR, and financial reporting.
· Duties carried out in accordance with agency requirements and U.S. GAAP.
· Accounting records and reports organized and easily accessible to management.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field, CPA preferred
· Minimum of 5 years accounting experience, preferably in non-profit environment
· Strong knowledge base of U.S. GAAP and internal controls
· Excellent organizational skills, with high level of attention to detail and deadlines
· Proficient use of computer applications including Microsoft Office, especially Excel. Experience with FundE-Z a plus.
· Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and professionally to all levels.
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.